//some 3rd party need geo

USB pen drive

fullywired23 17:03 11 Jan 05

I accidently erased the partition on my 256mb pen drive .My question is .Is there a way to make another partition on it, our is a case of buy another?

any help will be much appreciated

viejo

Technotiger 17:15 11 Jan 05

Hi, before anything else I would advise that you try a Recovery Tool such as 'Logica's Handy Recovery' though I am sure there are plenty of others too. No doubt someone else will come on and give further advise.

Cheers.

Technotiger 17:23 11 Jan 05

Me again, try this one click here

fullywired23 18:51 11 Jan 05

Thanks Technotiger

I have tried these but they don't work .the problem is I have deleted the partition not just files.It is as if I had Fdisked it .It needs a partition creating on it before I can use it .If that is possible

regards viejo

JoeC 19:35 11 Jan 05

when you open My Computer ? If so,try right clicking the pen drive and selecting format.

Technotiger 19:43 11 Jan 05

A pen drive is just that, a drive - so you should be able to reformat just as with any other drive.

fullywired23 19:55 11 Jan 05

Thanks fellas but it won't format .You can only format a drive that has a partition and I have deleted the one on the pen tool

viejo

VoG II 20:02 11 Jan 05

Stupid question - you haven't accidentally moved the little "protection" switch?

fullywired23 20:30 11 Jan 05

No this doesn't have one .I have found something that might help atclick here

regards viejo

Technotiger 20:37 11 Jan 05

Sorry friend, I dunno anything else then - just hope your 'find' does the job for you. Cheers.

fullywired23 20:58 11 Jan 05

Found a possible solution:::First get a .windows 98 boot disk.Disconnect all your H/Drives and any other IDE drives.Plug in your pen tool,and boot from win 98 boot disk.once booted your USB shoul be your C:drive ,since all other drives are disconnected.Run Fdsk from win98boot disk and delete every thing (not applicable in my case)and create a new partition and make it active.
I haven't tried this yet but on the face of it ,it sounds reasonable .What do you think??

regards viejo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…