usb parelle printer problem

the kopite 06:59 26 Aug 06

Hi Guys my printer has just refused to print ( this occured after reformating my hard drive ) I connected the printer Windows xp found it a EPson 790 photo I installed the driver windows said printer installed but on trying it out with note pad it failed to print and flashed up connection problem. This was using the parell port conector it also has a usb conector but I have no usb cable do you think I would be better buying a usb conector and trying it or is it the printer itself thats at fault it worked fine using the parell port before the format Thanks Kopite

€dstowe 07:08 26 Aug 06

You should always install printers according to the directions given with the printer itself. Ignore anything that Windows tell you is the correct method. This is particularly the case with Epson printers.

I suggest you disconnect the printer, delete from "Printers & Faxes", remove all traces of the printer software and re-install according to the Epson instructions. These probably require you to install software before connecting the printer to the computer. This is especially important.

BT 08:35 26 Aug 06

I recently had problems with my Epson C62 connected with a parallel cable. It kept telling me my cartridges were empty. I changed it to a USB cable and everything was OK. I assumed it was a fault in the cable as I had tried all the usual including re-installing, to no avail, so its worth trying a USB cable.

anchor 08:49 26 Aug 06

Also ensure you have the correct driver from Epson; (not the default Windows driver).

click here

the kopite 10:31 26 Aug 06

Hi Guts First I have the lstest driver from Epson Thanks for the suggestion Everything looks fine except it will not print lol Think I will buy a USB cable and see if that sorts it Kopite

oldal 10:58 26 Aug 06

Have you set the parallel port to EPP mode ? This needs to be done in the bios setup.

the kopite 15:51 27 Aug 06

Hi odal yes its set correct thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…