USB OVER CURRENT PROBLEM

spleighpee 05:36 AM 14 Sep 11

I had problem on my Acer aspire 5541 AWXMi ,it says USB OVER CURRENT PORT.. im using the laptop charger without battery,Please can u help me how to solve this..Many thanks

gengiscant 08:43 AM 14 Sep 11

It is very likely to be a hardware problem and shorting of internal USB wires or shorted motherboard circuits (could be due to dirt, etc). If it is still under warranty then return it for repair, if not under warranty it might prove expensive to sort.

onthelimit1 08:49 AM 14 Sep 11

Do you have anything plugged into any USB port? The fact you're using mains without battery is not a factor.

spleighpee 20:06 PM 15 Sep 11

i was trying to save my baterry thats why sometimes i remove it and use direct power from the charger.actually my baterry has been repacked last year ive been using it for 18 months now and its working perfectly ..So far the only problem is i cannot use my USB port no response at all any type that i plug in 3 usb port....Thanks a lot guys ..i appreciate allahnks your response..t

Nontek 20:16 PM 15 Sep 11

Try re-installing your USB Ports - right-click My Computer then click on Properties>Hardware>Device Manager then expand USB Ports and uninstall each and every one, then re-start your computer, USB Ports will be automatically re-installed - and hopefully then work OK.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…