USB OUTLET - ISA PLUG IN I/O BOARD

regenterdog 11:08 11 Feb 04

Im in desperate need of a usb outlet - isa plug in connection I/O board and cant get one anywhere .Got given a new printer and I cant run it because my computer has not got a Usb outlet
and Ive used up my all my PCI Outlets .All Ive got is one Isa port left.

DieSse 11:10 11 Feb 04

I can't imagine for a moment that such a thing exists. Get an external powered 4-port hub - that should do what you want.

Sheila-214876 12:17 11 Feb 04

How many PCI slots do you have and what is being used on them. If you don't have a USB outlet a hub, powered or not, isn't going to help. What is needed is something like a parallel to USB converter. Belkin do one and (I assume plenty of others as well) Maplins should be able to help. Alternatively, type "parallel to usb" into the Google search box. Plenty of options there. Also what operating system are you using, if it is windows 95 that doesn't support USB anyway.

DieSse 12:22 11 Feb 04

Ah - missed that point - no USB - no hub possible - sorry!

However, a lot of motherboards of this generation do have a two port USB header on the motherboard - which just needs a bracket and cable. I've fitted to several. Have a look in the motherboard manual.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…