usb or pci wireless conector

nffc10 20:50 25 Oct 06

whats the difference between having a pci or usb wireless signal reciever, any help would be unduely appreciated. thanx.

Danoh 21:35 25 Oct 06

PCI tends to give less installation issues then USB, although I've never had any.

USB adapters have embedded aerials which allows you to place it for better radiowave transmission/reception.
Most PCI aerials are stuck behind a metal (bad news for radiowaves) PC casing as well as loads of wiring. However some aerials can be removed and replaced by an external aerial of higher gain (sensitivity) or comes with one in the 1st place.

More PCI adapters then USB cater for the better WPA wireless data encryption method.

If you have a "weak" Power Supply Unit (PSU) in your computer and have added more hard drives, etc, another PCI card or USB could stretch one of the PSU's powersupply "rails" beyond the limit and cause unstable operations.

Strawballs 12:46 26 Oct 06

The choice could come down to a issue of spare PCI slots or USB ports have used both and both work well.

Aargh 13:13 26 Oct 06

PCI is more stable in my experience. USB can have driver/resource issues, can be more fragile (especially when plugged into a slot on the front, and uses up a USB slot which may be needed for other more temporary devices.

nffc10 16:14 26 Oct 06

cheers for that, i've got enough pci slots spare to have a pci card so i think ill opt for that. Cheers again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…