usb or host--2sockets both mini USB

SparkyJack 12:37 PM 26 Sep 12

2 socketson the edgevof a tablet both micro USB One is market with the familiar USB symbol

The other is marked. 'Host'

They seem to be inter changable- so what is the intended function of the host one?

As usual the four page 'Manual'. Does not mention it

Woolwell 13:01 PM 26 Sep 12

Not sure but I think that you'll find that host port provides power for external drives, etc.

hssutton 13:36 PM 26 Sep 12

Not 100% sure as I'd never come across this until a couple of weeks ago after I'd downloaded an App for my Android phone that would give me full control of my DSLR

I bought an host USB for my Galaxy and now I can fully control my cameras remotely. My understanding is a host acts as the master device for the entire bus, and a USB device acts as the slave. It would appear that you have both, this will enable you to connect such as a card reader or even a USB keyboard to the host connector.

No doubt one of our more learned members will explain in a more comprehensive way

SparkyJack 18:09 PM 26 Sep 12

HSS you mentioned a USB keyboard- that is interesting because in an earlier post I am also asking about using the Tablet with such a keyboard/wallet[ so that the whole thing looks like a NetBook]

All has worked well then the Alpha/Num keys stopped 'delivering' to the page whilst all the various function keys worked as they should

Looks like these tablet thingies are full of mysteries- perhaps thats why there is a dearth of manuals - no one knows how they work ;-{

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…