USB or Ethernet that is the question

MIKE 18:02 10 Feb 04

I know people have been down this route B4 but could anyone confirm what I have been told by BT help desk. I have BT broadband using a USB connection and would like to add a wireless network to my PC's, in different rooms. My current modem does not have an ethernet connection so I have been informd by BT to purchase a new modem with the ethernet connections and the appropriate adapter to my other machine. Is this the correct approach to this situation,or is there a more simpler aproach.

Sir Radfordin 18:12 10 Feb 04

You have several options. One is to buy a Wireless ADSL Router (this will give you the wireless bit and ADSL connection for all computers networked to it).

You could do as BT suggest and buy an ADSL modem with an RJ45 connection and plug that into a Router (this may not work for ADSL)

Or you could buy a wireless hub and use Internet Connection Sharing for the ADSL (you would have to have the host computer one all the time).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…