USB onside of Monitor

lazanda 08:46 09 Dec 05

I have a Philips 170B flat panel monitor and it has a USB cable on the side.

I have a laptop light (I have checked and it works) but it wont work in this USB in the side of my monitor. Neither will my card reader.

Is there anything I have to do to get this working ? its a new monitor.

Thanks

SG Atlantis® 08:52 09 Dec 05

Is there an extra lead that came with the monitor?

I'm guessing, that the monitor would have to have a lead that also has to go into a usb port on the back of the computer?

SG Atlantis® 08:53 09 Dec 05

Also did you get an install cd with the monitor?

I'd run it.

mgmcc 08:55 09 Dec 05

The USB port on the side of the monitor may only support very low powered devices such as a mouse or keyboard. Both of the items you have tried are likely to draw to much power to work - flash cards are very "power hungry".

I have a Mac keyboard which has two USB ports at the back. One runs a USB mouse and, when I attached a Compact Flash Reader to the other, the operating system shut down the port with the message that the device required too much power.

lazanda 08:55 09 Dec 05

It says that its for adding hardware etc - there is two usb ports, one sqaure one on the back and one on the side.

No extra cables

lazanda 09:07 09 Dec 05

Monitor square usb goes into pc base then it works. No cable supplied but I have one.

Thanks everyone.

SG Atlantis® 09:08 09 Dec 05

glad to help.

SG Atlantis® 09:08 09 Dec 05

tick as resolved!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…