USB network links

xquest 23:46 03 May 04

I have a desktop running XP Pro and a laptop running XP Home. I also have a USB twisted cable for linking the two together. The software supplied with the cable is very dubious - it took me two days to get things working normally after I had installed and then removed it.

I understand that XP has the equivalent of the Direct Cable Connection facility.
I can't find this. Where is it ? The New Connection Wizard has no mention of USB connections.
Hopefully,
xquest

GaT7 01:26 04 May 04

There's a step-by-step tutorial here (with pictures) that may help - "Windows XP: USB Cable Networking: Installation" - click here. They've used a Net-LinQ USB connection cable in the tutorial, but you could substitute your make of cable instead in the appropriate places - the standard configuration settings should remain the same (hopefully). Good luck, G

xquest 09:32 04 May 04

Thanks Crossbow7, failing finding the built-in XP facility I might have another go at using the software which came with the cable, in which case I'll follow the instructions you mention.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…