USB Network Leads

Ken H Lamb 16:25 04 Apr 05

Has anyone had any experience using USB network leads (the ones with an ic half way along the lead)to connect desktop to laptop etc? Are they any good. Any problems or types that I should look out for? I have a wired network on my laptop at work and our IT people tell me that I can not have another wired network on the same connection. Wireless is a bit over the top and pricey for what I want. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

JonnyTub 16:38 04 Apr 05

If you don't want to go upsetting the it people at work by mucking about with their connection, buy a wired lan pcmcia card for your laptop (about £20). In essence you'll have two network cards, one for work and one for home. click here

JonnyTub 16:41 04 Apr 05

If your'e willing to stick another £20 in on top, you could go wireless, it's a lot more convenient and you can sit on the sofa !!

click here

JonnyTub 16:42 04 Apr 05

Sorry, i should explain that last post, a wireless adaptor (54g) from novatech is £20, a wirless pci adaptor for home pc is also £20.

JonnyTub 16:43 04 Apr 05

not inc vat or delivery, i should really learn to post all in go :-0

Belatucadrus 17:08 04 Apr 05

click here for a cheap cable option and user reviews.

click here for another cheap PCMCIA ethernet card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…