usb mouse problem

jammin 15:51 18 Feb 10

been using hp laptop with vista for 1 year now with a usb mouse
a couple of weeks ago the mouse stopped working so I thought the mouse was gone. plugged another mouse in and that worked for a while then stopped.
I plug them in and they work for a short while then stop. all seems ok in device manager, I've tried reloading drivers etc all to no avail. need a mouse and its driving me mad. any ideas?

User-1229748 16:02 18 Feb 10

if you go to device manager and click on your mouse then right click and select properties,then power management and untick allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

User-1229748 16:05 18 Feb 10

you might also go to power options in control panel then advanced settings and click usb and disable usb selective suspend setting

jammin 21:21 18 Feb 10

tried that smackheadz but still no luck
device manager doesnt seem to recognise mouse
it usually just states touchpad and occassionally hid compliant mouse - is that my usb mouse?

Technotiger 21:34 18 Feb 10

Have you checked the battery in the mouse?

jammin 23:35 18 Feb 10

doesn't have a battery as its usb

Technotiger 08:33 19 Feb 10

My own USB Mouse does have a battery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…