USB Modems with Maxdsl

kendor969 14:51 20 May 06

I am having some problems with being disconnected from the internet since I've been on Dslmax. I have recently read that USB modems are not recommended for use with Dslmax. is this true and if so what do I use?

Dipso 15:01 20 May 06

Do you have an ethernet connector on your PC, check that first. Ethernet unlike USB is made solely for networking.

Pretty much any combined modem/router with an ethernet connection instead of USB should suffice. This click here shows some recommended by BT but there are plenty to choose from. I have a Netgear DG834G which is also wireless but they have a non-wireless version the DG834.

Others also recommend Belkins (model 7633 in particular) and Speedtouches (model 576 in particulsr)

Dipso 15:08 20 May 06

Edit: The Speedtouch model was the 546i

Graham ® 15:40 20 May 06

Eliminate your extension wiring from the equation by connecting to the test socket inside the Master Socket. You may have to use a long extension lead.

Be aware, also, that disconnections are to be expected for the first 2 weeks whilst the connection speed is stabilized.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…