usb modem recognition

bensdad 13:10 19 Jun 03

I am using BTinternet with Alcatel speedtouch usb modem, trying to load pcanywhere but cannot get the 'modem'recognised in normal programme loading/setup. Any way I can get over this? Any way I can use Btbroadband with alternative PCI broadband modem in a second PC? bunny

lyntwyn 14:57 29 Jul 03

I have a similar problem with BT BB/speedtouch modem, but perhaps differs in that modem will no rconnect when recovering PC from Standby mode. I have to reboot each time. BT say that USB is at fault for not kicking from standby but I query this. On the other hand I may need to download new drivers for USB (from where i don't know!).
I know that this does not solve your problem but i will post any further info I have.

bensdad 20:02 29 Jul 03

lyntwyn, thanks for comments, I find it difficult to believe that the difficulty has not been experienced by others, is there anyone who can advise wether btopenworld will run on any modem, PCI or usb? I wish you all the best, bunny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…