USB Modem problem

toppercass 13:47 23 Dec 05

The internal modem on my laptop packed up so I bought a Zoom V92 USB Modem, the old internal modem was not removed from the laptop. After installation the new modem would dial up and connect to my ISP but whenever a page was requested the message “The page cannot be displayed” appeared. This message appeared regardless of which page was requested.

mgmcc 15:21 23 Dec 05

Check whether, after dialling up, your connection has got its IP and DNS addresses from the ISP.

Open a Command Prompt Window (for Windows XP, go to "Start > Run" type CMD and click OK) and at the prompt, type IPCONFIG /ALL and press Enter. For the PPP Dialup Adapter, see if there are entries for the IP and DNS addresses.

Post back the details.

Graham ® 16:21 23 Dec 05

Check that you are actually on-line, could be you are seeing a cached page. Delete all temporary files.

toppercass 12:39 29 Dec 05

The problem has been resolved in that the McAfee Security Suite that was installed was not recognizing the new USB Modem. Thanks for your help.

woodchip 12:44 29 Dec 05

IE is likely corrupt and needs repairing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…