USB memory sticks have stopped showing on my comp

nebuchan 15:46 21 Apr 05

Hey,
I have just noticed a problem (i presume with my computer) which basically means when i pop my USB memory stick into my usb drive, there is no way of accessing it from my computer. It is reconised on other peoples computers, so its not a problem with the stick. It used to work fine. I have also tried other peoples memory sticks in my usb port, and they dont show either. I have tried all my usb ports, which work fine with mouses and webcams, and when i insert the memory stick, the light on the stick glows, like it should be working.
Any ideas?
cheers Nebuchan

Diemmess 17:00 21 Apr 05

You seem to have tried most things, but have you tried the pen instead of say the web cam and used its socket?

It is just possible that you may have overlooked a change of drive letter. It happens! ........ particularly if you have an impressive array of drives and CD devices. Take a look and mentally account for every drive you see listed in My Computer

nebuchan 17:19 21 Apr 05

I have found it, my usb pen drive has magically turned into my redundent university network H: drive!
Cheers
Nebuchan

Diemmess 18:20 21 Apr 05

Well done

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…