USB memory stick problem

Wayne690 13:11 25 Jul 05

I have Windows 98 SE on my PC
I purchased a 125Mb memory stick and the store wrote the software for it onto a CD. When I tried to load it onto my PC the CD disc was empty so I downloaded what I thought was the correct driver/software for the memory stick from the internet. It didn't work. I went back to the shop and he did this time load the software onto a CD and I subsequently loaded it onto my PC.
I have deleted the files I downloaded from the internet. When I plug the memory stick into my PC USB port the screen just freezes until I remove the stick. The mouse curser can move around but nothing else happens.
The USB works OK when I plug my digital camera in.
Any idea what has gone wrong?

octal 13:24 25 Jul 05

Can you give the make of the memory stick please.

octal 17:51 25 Jul 05

Received from Wayne690 via email:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will give you the information and make of the memory stick this evening when I get home from work. Thanks for the reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you wouldn't mind posting back replies here please, I didn't pick your email up until I arrived home myself. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…