USB memory stick not working

aimeec 18:44 26 Mar 08

when i plug my USB stick in to my laptop it brings the little bubbles up saying that it is there but if i go to my computer it doesnt show up with an icon and hence i cant access the work on it. I know the USB stick works as i used it before my laptop went skitz on me and broke.

any tips guys

thanks

GEEKSTA 19:06 26 Mar 08

So if your memory stick works on your laptop, its your pc that doesnt work USBs?

aimeec 19:09 26 Mar 08

i meant my computer as in on the start menu i click on my computer.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:18 26 Mar 08

may be you have run out of "drive letters"

Install tweakUI click here and make sure all the drive letters are ticked

aimeec 19:21 26 Mar 08

it said that it needs XP service pack 1 - what si this as i knwo there are also pack 2 mentioned here somewhere? what do they do and are they necessary

aimeec 19:26 26 Mar 08

it shows up that my memory stick is there when i go to my device manager but i cant find it when i go to my C drive

Clapton is God 20:24 26 Mar 08

"what si this as i knwo there are also pack 2 mentioned here somewhere? what do they do and are they necessary"

I'd be utterly amazed if you haven't got XP SP 1 installed, particularly as Microsoft are shortly due to release SP 3.

Yes, it is very necessary to improve the security and performance of your PC.

Suggest you go to click here to see what other critical updates you're missing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple