USB memory Stic Driver - Windows ME

daba 20:11 21 Jun 08

Do I need a special driver for USB memory sticks in Windows ME.

The PC sees the stick and installs software for it, but it doesn't show in the list of Logical Drives.

I don't know much about ME, is there a problem with it and USB memory sticks?

daba 20:39 21 Jun 08

More Info - all the drivers installed are said to be the "best" : i've tried searching an NT disk, and a Windows 2000 Pro disk, but no newer drivers are found ?

Does anyone know if ME properly supports removeable (USB) drives ?

peter99co 20:57 21 Jun 08

Yes I used a pen drive but drivers are a problem.
I upgraded to XP and so have no problems now.

Someone should find an answer for you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:13 21 Jun 08

generic drivers for usb are same for ME and windows 98se

click here

daba 21:28 21 Jun 08

so if i've tried W2K and NT drivers, and ME says they are'nt newer, then the ones installed should be OK, or am I missing a point.

anyway, all i need to do is get some photos off the machine, before installing W2K (just to be on safe side), so I think i'll just hoik the drive out, stick it in as slave in my drive, and copy the photos. Might be easier all round.

daba 21:32 21 Jun 08

curiosity has dwindled now - the PC has to be upgraded antway, so I'll tick resolved....

... but if anyone does know the answer... ??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…