Usb memory card reader not working

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 19:11 20 Feb 05

Hi

I have a internal SD/MMC/MS/CF card reader.

I have used the SD and Compact flash reader once and it worked but now i try it and it doesn't.

Whenever i insert the SD card it used to come up with a box saying to view it in explorer,windows media player ect.

Now nothing happens even when i click all 4 drives it says 'please insert disk'

when there is one init.

can anyone help?

thanks

Graham ® 19:17 20 Feb 05

Is it internal or USB?

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 19:53 20 Feb 05

Its an internal USB.lol.

it fits on a usb header.

cheers

Graham ® 20:17 20 Feb 05

How about uninstalling in Device Manager, then re-boot and let Windows find it?

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 21:13 20 Feb 05

Thanks for advice but evertime i right click and click un-install it refreshes device manager it goes away then a few secs later it refreshes and then pops backup.

cheers

Technotiger 21:29 20 Feb 05

Hi, I would suggest you may have a bad connection on the usb mobo header perhaps, or when fitting the internal lead to mobo you may have disturded something else - personally I would check and in fact re-do all connections,
including removing and replacing your memory sticks - even if you don't think these have been disturbed.

Good luck.

exdragon 10:57 21 Feb 05

I used to have this problem - what made the difference was ejecting the card by selecting the drive in Windows Explorer, right clicking and selecting the eject option. If I just took the card out, it wouldn't work next time, so I inserted it, did the Explorer bit, put it in again and it was ok.

Illogical maybe, but worth a try?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…