USB Mass Storage Device not recognised

sobeitjedi 13:12 24 Jan 06

Hi.

I have a 40GB iRiver mp3 player which connects to my Windows XP PC via USB. I’ve used it for over a year without any issue until now. In the last few days, when I connect the device to my PC it isn’t listed as a drive in My Computer. In Device Manager there is a yellow exclamation mark next to USB Mass Storage Device. I’ve tried looking on iRiver.com for a driver but can’t see one.

I’ve tried attaching the device to another PC (Windows 2000) and it works fine. Any ideas?

CLONNEN 13:17 24 Jan 06

Try Logging Off and then Log back in again - sometimes works for my external USB 1.1 drive.

Or try Restarting your PC with the USB device plugged in - Windows will usually detect it while loading all the startup programs etc.

I only ever have this problem with XP systems - Windows ME and 2000 USB devices get detected as soon as I plug them in.

CLONNEN 13:20 24 Jan 06

Forgot to mention make sure USB device is switched on during the Restart.

sobeitjedi 13:21 24 Jan 06

I have rebooted the PC a few times but never with the device plugged in. Anythings worth a go I guess!

sobeitjedi 20:33 24 Jan 06

Ok - so it works when I leave the device switched on and plugged in with a reboot. Great. But I don't want to do that every time I want to use the device. When I plug it back in now, I get the same error. I don't want to reboot every time I use it.

Totally-braindead 21:31 24 Jan 06

I think you should have a look at this and perhaps try it click here

woodchip 21:52 24 Jan 06

Try this in Device Manager Uninstall the USB with Yellow and restart your computer

AndySD 22:08 24 Jan 06

click here# and have a look as it may be the pc has the device stored but incorrctly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now