USB Mass storage device hides on PC

snr 10:54 16 Jan 06

Snr

My mikom usb mass storage device takes info from the lap top but when pluged into the desk top winxp2 ding dongs and the light flashes but there is nothing I can find to access the info. The drive is called UDISK2.0(F:)when in the lap top. There is an F drive already in the desk top.
Any ideas how I can get to the files in store?

recap 10:58 16 Jan 06

You may need to refresh the screen to enable you to see the new drive. It would most probably show as drive G?

If this doens't work, look in the Event viewer to see if there are any error reported about this device.

snr 11:18 16 Jan 06

The device is recorded in device manager and apears to be working corectly. But in my computer it doesn't show, so I am unable to access it
snr

jack 12:10 16 Jan 06

List the drives that do show in 'My Conputer' on the desk top.
XP has a habit of swapping drive letters around.
My 200 Gb external HDD for example was 'L' for yonks and 'F' was one of the CD's suddenly without any to do the 200 Gb bcame 'F' and all others moved up one.
Wierd or what?

Eric10 12:21 16 Jan 06

Right-click My Computer and choose Manage. Click Disk Management, find the drive in the right pane and change its drive letter then it will show in My Computer.
A different way to achieve this is to change the letter of your current F drive so that F is always left free for your Mikom device.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…