USB Keyboards - Windows XP Home

Mac & Beth 10:09 08 Jan 03
  Mac & Beth 10:09 08 Jan 03

Old keyboard needs replacing soon (6 years old and a couple of keys don't work)

If i replace the keyboard with a USB one what problems am i likely to encounter as a result? ie can i use a USB keyboard if i have to edit the BIOS set up? Can i use a USB KB to run commands if i get to a command prompt when booting from a boot floppy?

Just wondering as i though USB only works under Windows!

jazzypop 10:15 08 Jan 03

Not in XP. Provided you have a reasonably modern BIOS (certainly within last 2 years, maybe longer for some boards), USB keyboards work just fine from the moment you switch on - at least, all of mine do :)

powerless 10:17 08 Jan 03

Use the PS/2's...?

Saves a USB port.

Mac & Beth 13:43 08 Jan 03

So i could use a USB Keyboard and as i have USB to PS2 convertors thats not a problem. Got USB ports coming out of my ears so thats not a problem! One cheap four 5.25" bay hub serves cameras, scanners etc and another 4 port mini hub serves mice, printers and future keyboard. Still got 5 ports free!

vinnyT 14:49 08 Jan 03

Don't stick any usb devices in your ears, they don't work and you look a right charlie in the local A&E :-}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…