+++ USB KEYBOARDS +++

pcdimwit 14:38 13 Apr 09

Hi, I have tried to use a PS2-USB adaptor with my Asus eepc1000H netbook for a PS2 keyboard but it wont recognise it, if I get a USB keyboard (any brand) will it work directly with the netbook computer or will I have to install a driver?? thanks pcdimwit

DieSse 14:51 13 Apr 09

"...if I get a USB keyboard (any brand) will it work directly with the netbook"

Normally it will.

Note that not all PS/2 devices will work via an adaptor - they need to be designed that way in the first place.

ambra4 15:02 13 Apr 09

“If I get a USB keyboard (any brand) will it work directly with the Netbook”

Yes it will; the OS would see it as a “USB Human Interface Device” and in device manger it will

show up as a HID Keyboard Device

There is no driver to install if it hard wire to the USB port

Stuartli 15:27 13 Apr 09

The basic/Intellipoint Windows drivers normally allow the majority, if not all, keyboard and mouse features to be used.

However, it's always a good idea to keep a corded keyboard available just in case of system problems...:-)

pcdimwit 00:25 14 Apr 09

i THOUGHT IT SHOULD DO, seen a DELL keyboard I want to get off ebay but I am a total dunce with computers (hence my nickname) and jsut wanted confirmation off the experts!!! think I'm too old for all this but if i dont learn it I'll get left behind!!!! love it, especially on wifi with netbook but need a bigger keyboard for doing letters on WP etc., thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac