USB Keyboard and boot sequence

greenlamp 07 May 11
Answered

I have recently replaced my PS2 keyboard with a replacement using USB connection. I have found that I unable to enter BIOS setup presumably because USB drivers are loaded after the required keypress is required. Also once windows [XP] is loading the function keys are unresponsive, so it's not possible to enter safe mode or access windows help using F1. anybody have any ideas.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 07 May 11
Answer
  1. Switch off
    1. plug in PS2 keyboard
    2. Enter BIOS
    3. Set USB legacy for DOS to Enabled
    4. Save and Exit
    5. Shut down
    6. remove PS2 keyboard
    7. plug in USb keyboard
    8. reboot and test to usb keyboard to enter BIOS

Do not plug / unplug PS2 keyboard while PC is powered on

SparkyJack 07 May 11

May I also add to FB's excellent advice Don't send the PS2 devices to the bin--- There will come a time!!!!

I believe I have found though that at least in some MoBo chipsets USB is live on the board and not reliant on Windoze when messing with other folks computers.

Can this be confirmed?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message