USB Key - Dead! After 2 Months???

livewire 21:00 12 Nov 04

Just today it seems my 128mb EasyDisk USB key has died.

I use the device for transferring data to and from School and Home.

However, today I tried using the deivce as normal on my Schools Windows 98 Network. However, when i inserted the drive nothing happend at all. The Drive LED did not even light up. I tried the key in 4 or 5 more Win98 machines and yet nothing. When I returned home I plugged it into my Windows XP Laptop and still nothing happens. The same resulot also occurs on my XP desktop.

Whats happening here? Its a 2 Month Old EasyDisk High Speed USB key. The company website seems to be down and so i can't contact them for support.

Just a few mkoments ago, my laptop displayed a message. 'One or more USB devices attatched to the system has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it. ' This has only happend Once in the last 10 minutes and I cant seem to repeat it.

Surely these devices should have a long life span. I would be most gratefull for any kind of input with this.

Physically the drive seems fine. I can't quite work out what to do :(

livewire 10:19 13 Nov 04

Hi,

Does anyone know how to contact Easy Disk? Te device has a two year warranty. But their website seems to be non-existant?

Help!

:(

Diemmess 10:22 13 Nov 04

If you can't contact the manufacturer, surely the vendor has a responsibility to you as your go-between?

livewire 10:40 13 Nov 04

Yes,

I will try and contact my freind who brought the device for me and ask him where he brought it from. (Very likely to be Dabs)

Surely though, this is'nt the normal life extectancy of these devices?

livewire 10:42 13 Nov 04

Yes, it seems like it was Dabs.

Here is a link to my exact device:

click here

bremner 10:48 13 Nov 04

Heres the website with an e mail contacy for support click here

livewire 11:43 13 Nov 04

Bremner, Thanks for the link!

I have sent an e-mail to the comapny for support, I will wait and see what thay say.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5