USB on ISA ?

furkin 18:19 28 May 04

Hi all,
My Brother-in-Law is thinking of adding some USB Ports to his computer. He only has ISA slots available.
1/ Can USB ports come on ISA cards ?
2/ Is there another way/product to get USB on his machine ?
M.Board = Via Tech MVP runing W98
many thanks
Furkin

woodchip 18:34 28 May 04

doubt it

R4 19:41 28 May 04

USB is only on PCI cards as far as I know

Furkin 08:41 29 May 04

Thanks R4
1/ Are you aware of any other way of adding USB to such a machine ?
I remember an old mobo of mine having a small 2/3 connector on it for the purpose,,, which I had assumed was to just plug a cable (from USB Socket/Hub)to,,, maybe I'm wrong about that (!!)
2/ Do'es anyone know where I can find a diagram for the "VIA Tech" (M)VP3 mobo please ?

many thanks all
Furkin

woodchip 09:07 29 May 04

You may have USB header pins on the Motherboard near the Back of the board you may see two rows of pins side by side ether eight or ten pins look to see if it says usb also look for the number 1 pin on each row as if you can see these then you can get a usb bracket to fit two usb's. the red wire in the plugs that go on these goes to number 1 pin black wire always last in the row the farthest from pin 1. The bracket with two USB's and cable and plug's are about £4.00 at a computer fair. you may have to look under com plug to see the pins on the board

TomJerry 09:15 29 May 04
  TomJerry 09:32 29 May 04

ACARD IDE to USB Link Host Adapter £27.99 click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…