usb internet conection

lesbos123 14:03 31 Mar 08

i am trying to connect a computer to net usins usb cable as computer noy have ethernet conection i get connected but when trying to download anti virus the computer freezes and internet conection light stops flashing any1 any ideas im on xp

wee eddie 14:08 31 Mar 08

Who is your ISP?

What type of Modem or Router are you using?

Also what is the PC's OS?

Clapton is God 14:09 31 Mar 08

Make/model of modem?

ISP?

Do you already have anti-virus installed or are you using the internet without any current protection?

lesbos123 14:16 31 Mar 08

im with virgin i have a motorola surfboard modem sb5101e im on xp it olod computer some1 gave me just trying to get it working like i say can get on net but trying to download anything freezes it completly

lesbos123 14:16 31 Mar 08

ooops old

Clapton is God 14:44 31 Mar 08

Does the modem have up-to-date drivers?

Have you cleared the old PC of old crap with click here ?

wee eddie 17:24 31 Mar 08

Could you give us some idea of how long it takes your PC to freeze.

Is it just the AV Download that causes a freeze, or does the PC freeze with whatever you're doing?

If it is just the AV, have you pressed the "Save" Button or the "Run" Button?

lesbos123 08:59 01 Apr 08

wee eddie
sorry took so long getting back to you got it to download av but freezes on up dates and sometimes when opening web pages it freezes to

wee eddie 09:57 01 Apr 08

Could you tell us what Security Software you have, Installed and Running also, Installed but not Running.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…