USB info

Dench 12:29 16 Dec 05

The latest magazine and CD recommends using !USBinfo for tracking usb issues. How do you run it? There are no file extensions to any of the files and I cannot find anything to run. I tried the XAT website and there is no information on how to run the tool.

mgmcc 13:36 16 Dec 05

Someone else raised this question and posted a link to the website concerned. The utility appeared to be for use with the "RISC" operating system and not Windows.

PC Advisor features editor 16:18 20 Dec 05

USBInfo correction

Apologies to all who tried to load up the USBInfo app from the February 06 issue of PC Advisor or followed the link listed in the magazine pages.

it looks like a case of the product name being Googled and not checked out. More than one product called USBInfo exists. The Windows one that the text referred to can be found here: click here

Although it's not obvious from the site, if you download the Personal version, you'll find the trial version when you install and run it. There’s a 15-day/100 use limit for the $19.95 program.

Regards,

Rosemary

Rosemary Haworth, features editor, PC Advisor

as400man 19:57 30 Dec 05

I've followed the link to click here and downloaded and installed USBInfo but when I select performance test I get a pop-up telling me that this option is disabled. Am I missing something? The point of the download was to confirm that my USB ports are operating at the correct speed, as mentioned in the magazine this month.

Cheers, Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos