USB Hub - which is the best

JACC 19:07 13 Nov 03

I'm buying an MP3 Player as a Christmas present . It plugs into a USB port , and i wanted to get a usb hub to save going around the back of the pc all the time . What i would like to know is if it is better getting a powered hub or not . If it is possible could you reccomend a hub , it will probably be used for a gamepad and digital camera ( Santa be good to me please ) as well .

leo49 19:51 13 Nov 03

Always best to get a powered one. Belkin is recognised as a decent make.

keith-236785 21:46 13 Nov 03

I have a four port usb hub which fits in an empty 5.25" drive bay, it is powered and makes for easy connection.

one cable runs through the case, through a blank pci plate and plugs into a rear USB port, leaving the motherboard header pins for another two ports at the rear.

just remember to plug the usb cable into the main motherboard USB socket.

click here

hope this helps

spuds 22:42 13 Nov 03

I have two Medion self-powered 4 port USB hubs, which where purchase from Aldi for £9.99 each, a few months ago.And a good bit of kit, they have turned out to be. But be a little wary as to the usage of USB hubs and connections. I have had some problems connecting things like scanners, flash readers and printers, and my experience leads me to try which usb connecting point is the best for the connecting products.Not all will work the same way.I sought help via various manufacturers technical helplines,and some suggested using self-powered hubs, whilst others suggested connecting straight into the computer socket, so enabling their products to function correctly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…