USB hub problem

chriscross72 09:15 13 May 05

I have just connected a HAMA self powered usb 4 port hub to my pc....it seems to work fine until i turn off the pc....when i turn on the pc again , during the boot up process windows gets so far then there is a brief blue screen flash and the pc starts the boot up process again....i have sat and watched it do this procedure through three or four cycles with no sign of a sucessful start up....as soon as i disconnect the usb hub windows springs into life as happy as a sand boy....if i let the pc boot up then connect the hub all works correctly....as i said the device is a HAMA self powered hub number 73049004 . I have checked all connections and all is well....I have windows XP Pro on my pc....any ideas please ??

Thank You : ))

VideoSentry 10:18 13 May 05

Is there anything connected to the hub?

jack 12:07 13 May 05

Self powered?
Meaning its own power supply.
Try powering down the hub down [My Hama has the self power option -i.e. it has the socket but is powered through the PC] then power it up after - perchance some sort of conflict there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…