USB Hub Problem.

joethebow 23:25 02 Aug 04

The other week something went wrong with my digital camera usb cable. The camera stoped connecting to the PC. Not only that but all my usb connected equipment stopped working.

I disconnected the cable and found my external usb hub was not working. Connecting things individualy I had to reinstall my printer, scanner, Palm and modem software. But the hub still wouldn't work.

So I bought 2 new hubs and tried these, they come up as unrecognized devices.

I tried the camera out on a friends cable and PC, it works fine. Tried the cable on his PC, it crashed.

So my question is could I have done some damage to the USB port on my PC so hubs will no longer work?

The USB is integrated into the motherboard. I run XP on an AMD 1600XP with 560MB RAM.

I tried a separate USB PCI card but that wouldn't work either. I'm going to try the hubs on a friends machine tomorrow but I thought I'd get the ball rolling.

johnsims 23:46 02 Aug 04

Have you tried uninstalling the USB from device manager and then after a reboot reinstalling it from the mobo driver CD?

joethebow 19:21 03 Aug 04

Tried that but as soon as I deleted the Drivers XP reinstalled them. Then I had to reinstall my USB modem software. The Hub still comes up as an unknown device and locks the USB untill it is removed.

I tried the hub in a PC running Win 98 and it worked perfectly.

SantasLittleHelper 19:32 03 Aug 04

Do you have a VIA chipset, if so try downloading the latest drivers from the VIA website and install them.

SantasLittleHelper 19:34 03 Aug 04

Try this link click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:36 03 Aug 04

via 4 in 1 drivers available at usbman.com gives loads of advice about usb problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…