USB Hub

marilynbell 00:12 25 Feb 03

I have 2 usb ports on my computer both in use one for my broadband modem and one for my printer. I have seen a 4 in 1USB hub advertised and wondered if someone could give me advice. Description is as follows: operation with or without net adapter with automatic conversion, integrated overload protection, supports up to 127 connected usb appliances,plug and play, data transfer rate from 1.5MB/sec to 12MB/sec, usb cable and network adapter inc.I just want to know if you think it will be any good as I somtines want to plug a camera in and it's a pain to fiddle around, I would'nt want to lose any power from my modem or printer, explain in simple terms please as I'm not very technical Thanks for help

Tenner 00:26 25 Feb 03

It must be Lidl's, this Thursday ?

Sorry, cannot advise, though.

Regards

tran1 00:30 25 Feb 03

If you need more extra USB ports then yes its a good of expanding.

Cordy13 00:35 25 Feb 03

So long as it's a Powered one ie has to be plugged into the mains it should be ok, although if you don't have too many USB items even an upowered one should be OK.

Also consider a 7 port one, you will possibly need it later on!

tran1 00:35 25 Feb 03

Before you buy though, take into consideration what equipment you are going to use it for. If your gonna use equpipment that uses alot of electricity then you should consider buying a USB hub that has its own power supply. Things like printers, scanners, external hard drives etc.

For small, less intensive equipment like cameras and webcams and those with its own power supply, then a USB hub that doesn't have a mains power supply would be ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…