usb hub

zzzgordon 14:29 16 Mar 07

I'm running a Win Xp PC with a Asus p4S333 mobo. the machine is a few years old with a 2.4 ghz procesor and 768mb ram.

I've got 4 usb ports which i use directly connected from mobo.

I recently purchased a webcam and a usb hub to cope with extra usb connection but for some reason the PC wont see the usb hub. If I unplug hub and plug the webcam or another device it works okay - problem being is I've 6 usb devices with cables but only 4 usb slots, hence the hub.

the usb is a powered belkin 4 port USB hub.

Any ideas or advice on how I can get the mobo / pc to see and accept the USB hub ?

thanks for your help.

chub_tor 14:55 16 Mar 07

Are you certain that the hub is not faulty? Can you try it on a different PC?

Fingees 15:12 16 Mar 07

It may be worth contacting belkin on their free telephone, as they will replace under lifetime warranty.

zzzgordon 15:13 16 Mar 07

belkin hub works fine on a newer pc.

also tried a Trust hub - again same problem.

Stuartli 15:17 16 Mar 07

In the case of my MSI motherboard's Bios, you can change the number of USB2.0 ports available/in use. Might be worth a check.

chub_tor 19:02 16 Mar 07

Have you tried the hub in all 4 of your USB ports. Or do you know for sure that all the existing 4 ports are working?

zzzgordon 20:17 16 Mar 07

have swapped the usb hub around the different ports to no avail.

chub_tor 13:56 17 Mar 07

According to this site click here your motherboard has "up to 6 USB ports". The pictures are not very good but I think that you have four sticking out the back and probably an internal header where you can add another 2 - perhaps on the front. This may give you another option if no one can come up with a way of making your motherboard find your hub.
There are some comments on this site click here about Belkin powered hubs which may/may not help. But perhaps it wouild be a good idea as suggested by Fingees to call the Belkin support line on Monday.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…