USB hub

radi8or 12:11 01 Oct 06

Hi all,

Just a quickie, I have a 4 port Belkin USB powered hub, is it still better to plug straight into the back of computer or is there no difference because it's powered.

TIA Bob

sean-278262 12:14 01 Oct 06

As far as I understand there is no difference bar the fact that the hub shares 480mbit/s over the 4 ports so best to use low drain peripherals such as mice, printers, keyboards and what not. Using direct connections then for portable drives.

Totally-braindead 12:16 01 Oct 06

As far as I know it makes no difference but, having said that some PCs have front USB that is only USB 1.1 whereas the ones on the back may be USB 2. Assumming the front USB ports connect to a header on the motherboard and assumming they are USB 2 I cannot see what difference it could possibly make which you use.

Leave this open however as others may have a different opinion.

spuds 13:31 01 Oct 06

Plug it into the back of the computer, as this should make things perhaps neater, depending on your layout.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…