USB Host to Host Bridge - What on EARTH is is?!

GibsonSt19 21:24 08 May 03

Whenever I start my PC, running XP, just as the desktop is loading, I get a message which tell me that new hardware has been found (I've not upgraded in any way) and that it needs the drivers for a USB Host to Host Bridge.

I do have seeveral USB peripherals, however all of them are working and I have no clue as to what this is, or where I could find the drivers for it.

I've look through many drivers sites like click here, however to no avail.

Any ideas clever blokes and blokesses?

eccomputers 21:29 08 May 03

you definitely have a driver missing but why that has happened is anyones guess. I have made a change to my bios settings before and been asked to resupply many driver files.
You dont say which XP you are running, but if you havnt already done so, I suggest installing the service pack because this has a lot of new drivers.

BrianW 22:18 08 May 03

This will be in the set of drivers on the CD that that comes with your motherboard. If you have a Via chipset based motherboard and can't find your original drivers I suggest:

1 - check on the motherboard makers home page to see if they provide a driver download, if not
2 - go to the Via homepage and download the latest driver set. It will only install the drivers that you need (clever people at Via!) and should solve your problem

Despicable Desperado 22:24 08 May 03

Does your mobo have USB2.0 as well as 1.1. Feel this is what windows is looking for. Should be on your motherboard cd.

GibsonSt19 23:08 09 May 03

I can't find my motherboard CD anywhere, and I can't find any suitable drivers on the Microstar website either. I do have USB 2, and I've tried installing the lates VIA drivers, however this does not solve the problem.

I guess I'll need to do some investigative work, but I reckon I should be able to solve it after your suggestions.

Thanks lots people.

jazzypop 01:01 10 May 03

Does this help? click here

Or try click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…