usb help

snoopygirl 22:02 23 Sep 07

help needed when i put my excenal hard drive on my computer says it not in a 2.0 usb it is help please

Stuartli 22:13 23 Sep 07

What is your operating system - Windows XP should provide the necessary drivers.

You may have to Enable USB2.0 in the Bios first (and also perhaps the number of USB2.0 ports that are/will be available).

A quick way to find out if your system is USB2.0 Enabled is to look in Device Manager and note if the word Enhanced is listed alongside some of USB controllers.

snoopygirl 22:47 23 Sep 07

hi stuartli there is only one enhanced is listed

snoopygirl 22:49 23 Sep 07

it is a 2.0 ports avable because i paid a computer man to fix it in for me thanks

woodchip 22:53 23 Sep 07

While the Computer is turned off remove the wall plug then hold the start button down on the computer for about 30 seconds. then see if it works OK. Also it may say that it will work faster in USB2 but it just may be a error in the detection as I have it on one of my computers but it working at USB 2 as it's a Hard drive, And you soon see the Difference if it's only usb 1.1 If it a Printer sor such forget it you will not see any speed difference with that type of hardware. You only need it if you are moving big files like Photo Video or using a External USB drive

snoopygirl 23:05 23 Sep 07

the plug for the computer i unplug

woodchip 23:08 23 Sep 07

Yes and then press the start button on the computer while it's unpluged

snoopygirl 21:16 24 Sep 07

woodchip nothing happens

woodchip 21:45 24 Sep 07

Then try normal startup and try your usb

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple