usb hell

RENNO 00:23 23 Jul 03

every time i try to install the software for my sony dsc-p71 camera on my pc i get the following message "an error ocurred during the installation of the device . the installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance" . Ive tried reinstalling windows 2000pro , no go . tried sonys own software no go, tried it in all usb ports including the d-bracketthat comes with my mobo, no go but my mouse works fine .

msi k7n2 L
amd xp2500 barton
512 ddr pc2700
gainward fx5200 64ddr
seagate 80gig 7200
maxtor 20gig 7200
no other usb devices

ton 00:32 23 Jul 03

A lot of people seem to have problems with camera software. The best solution is to get a card reader and not bother with the software. They start at about £10 and pics will download faster too.

Djohn 00:35 23 Jul 03

Are you installing the software without the camera attached to the PC? as this is the normal way to do it with USB. j.

RENNO 07:17 23 Jul 03

yep loading it without camera attached, im not sure but i think the problem is to do with the usb software

jimv7 08:35 23 Jul 03

Put the disk in,Plug the camera in, when windows finds the new usb device, tell it to look for the drivers.

accord 09:11 23 Jul 03

as ton advises, use a card reader, its ALOT easier plus you dont need to have the camera with you when you download images. a brucey bonus for you is you can transfer files to the memory stick and transfer these to other pcs.

Any idea where I can pick up one of these card readers for £10?

Belatucadrus 10:27 23 Jul 03
  RENNO 19:57 23 Jul 03

ive tried mouse and keyboard in all of the 6 ports 4 back 2 on d-bracket and they all work . I will get a card reader but my problem is still that the ports still dont work with my usb flash drive any ideas will be greatly appreciated
cheers renno

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…