//some 3rd party need geo

USB Hard drive enclosure.

dsilvers 13:35 04 Nov 03

Hello, i am looking for an hard drive enlosure that uses a usb connection, it is an maxtor ata/100 hard drive, i'm confused, most all enclosure kits i've seen so far are for what they consider a standard 3.5" hard drive, well my maxtor hard drive is 4", are they going by the size of the hard drive or the size of the disk inside the casing, please help i am confused. any help would be great. thank you . dan

Gongoozler 16:33 04 Nov 03

Hi dsilvers. I looked at the spec sheet for a Maxtor drive, click here. This is described as a 3.5 inch drive, but the width is specified as 101.6mm, which is exactly 4 inches.

Giant68 18:21 04 Nov 03

I bought a Belkin IDE enclosure from Ebuyer about 4 or 5 months back for about ?50, it will take any IDE drive upto 5.25". It is USB 2.0 and will take HDD's, CD-roms or writers. So far it has proved it worth.

Giant68

AubreyS 18:26 04 Nov 03

Have you tried Ebay?

dave h 19:25 04 Nov 03

Just bought such an enclosure on E-Bay for ?12 (plus Postage)

It will only fit drives 9mm (2.5" thick) and not the 12mm.

I'm off to my local computer fair to get a dive for it.......

dave h 19:26 04 Nov 03

The Question mark started out from here as a pound sign :-}

dave h 19:27 04 Nov 03

This damn computer...

I'll get a drive, not a dive!!!

dsilvers 13:17 05 Nov 03

does anyone know what would cause a computer to shut down when you start to defrag. it will scan the hard drive but when i start the defrag my computer it shuts down and reboots, i've tried multiple utilities as far as outside defrag programs and nothing seems to work and i've also tried to defrag in safe mode, nothing. any help would be great. thank you.

Gongoozler 18:33 05 Nov 03

Hi dan. You don't say what version of Windows you are using (or much else about your computer), but defrag can give problems if there isn't enough spare room on the hard drive. With my Windows 98se system I use Diskeeper Lite and find this much more reliable, as well as faster, than the Microsoft defrag.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…