USB front & back of desktop

johnincrete 17:25 19 Mar 09

What's the difference?
I have "permanent" devices such as printer, scanner, external HD connected to the sockets at the back & use the front ones for USB Skype phone & flash drives for the simple reason that they are easily accessed for quick plug-in & take out.
I don't have enough sockets at the back so I'm using a multiplug think that allows 4 devices to use one socket.

gazzaho 17:29 19 Mar 09

No difference at all other than the one you just mentioned, convenience.

peter99co 19:12 19 Mar 09

I used to use four gang USB 1.1 blocks one on top of another. As long as the power is sufficient it was ok. If extra 5v power was needed I connected a power supply to the block in question.

ambra4 00:25 20 Mar 09

You can have a wide choose of difference type of USB cards both for the front or the back of the

computer case.

Internal USB 2.0 4-Port Hub for 3.5" & 5.25" Bays

This 4-port USB Hub is perfect for adding more USB Ports to your desktop/tower PC without the clutter of an external hub.

The unit is designed to support either 3.5" or 5.25" bays on the front of your PC.

click here

4-port USB 2.0 PCI-Express card

This card lets you connect up to four USB 2.0 peripherals and enjoy fast data transfer rates of up to 480 Mbits/sec.

Backwards compatibility with USB 1.1 means you can continue using your older USB peripherals.

click here

Value 6 ports USB 2.0 PCI card 2 internal ports and 4 external

This card lets you connect up to six USB 2.0 peripherals, and enjoy fast data transfer rates of up to 480 Mbits/sec.

Also backwards compatibility with USB 1.1 means you can continue using your older USB peripherals.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…