USB Flash/pen drives

Jak_1 00:07 14 Sep 09

I have a 2 Gig flash drive, as it was getting rather full I copied most of the data files to a dvd, no problem there. Then I deleted those files from the flash drive. However I deleted them before I checked the dvd had burnt properly, fortunately it had.
My question is, that I noticed the files were not moved to the recycle bin on my C drive and so if the dvd burn had failed they were not listed there for recovery. Are deleted files deleted direct from the flash drive without windows being able to recover them before being overwritten or would I have needed the use of a file recovery program to do this.I do have 3 different programs that will do it but was surprised to find that they were not thrown into the recycle bin first.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 00:40 14 Sep 09

Removable drives re not allocated a recovery bin or recycler by windows , to recover files you would need third party software.

Jak_1 00:55 14 Sep 09

Many thanks for that, I shall be more careful in future and not delete until I know the copy has burn sucesfuly. All was this time fortunately.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now