usb flash and WIN98 SE solution?

canard 12:40 03 Dec 05

As I see it all WIN98 SE OS need software to connect to USB flash memory gadgets and I'm can't make it work. So please would some knowledgeable reader tell me if one of these click here would get a usb flash memory to work with WIN98SE and eliminate driver problems?

Longhouse 12:47 03 Dec 05

spec sheet lists it as compatable with W98SE - which is what you report as your OS - so should be OK. If you have 98 (original), that had less USB support, and ususlly requires additional drivers.

I light of the problems that you appear to be having, might be best ro confirm with DABS support?

Longhouse 12:49 03 Dec 05

Just a further thought...you talk about "flash memory gadgets" do you mean pen drives and the like?

The link is to a card reader - reads cards from a camera and the like.

woodchip 12:50 03 Dec 05

If its a USB Pen drive then you need one with the correct slot the one you show appears to be just for USB memory cards click here

like this

Longhouse 12:53 03 Dec 05

If it's pen drive - then this appears to be OK with W98SE. Customer queries give links to suitable drivers.

click here

woodchip 12:55 03 Dec 05

My above link is free delivery

canard 20:47 03 Dec 05

Thankyou both- having bought a diddy pen type cheap USB flash which absolutely refuses to work with the drivers from yijiangdigital [!!]or anywhere else this is a nervous breakdown free solution. Woodchip are you better?

Softstag 16:05 08 Jan 06

Hi

I have had endless trouble trying to get pen drives etc to work in Windows 98. Basically, pen drives use the USB Mass Storage Device Drivers, these are built in to Windows Me, 2000 and XP, but not in Windows 98/98SE. Microsoft do not even provide a generic driver, so it is down to individual manufacturers of pen drives to decide whether to bother providing drivers for Win 98.

Eventually, I came across a solution. You can get a generic Win 98 USB Mass Storage device driver from here:

click here

This works for any device that is classed as a USB Mass Storage Device, ie. Pen Drives, USB drives and even many digital cameras.

I hope this helps!

canard 23:28 10 Jan 06

click here PCA memberes solution works instantly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…