usb flash stick blinks but not working. help?!

herculas91 14:38 23 Mar 14

so my transcend 16gb usb3.0 stick decided to not work anymore to the looks of things. it was working fine until the next day when i tried accessing it it didnt work.

a little history/info:

• i was using it in a usb port thats right on top of the heat ventilation(maybe it got overheated?)

• i havnt been ejecting it safely(my own dumbness, i have learnt my lesson! :( )

• i opened it up to see the insides according to my knowledge everything looks intact(no melted part from the heat)

• when i insert it into any computer with a any specs it just blinks the blue led on the stick it self once and thats about it. i check the device manager, and cant seem to find it. im guessing(hoping) its still working since it flashes once?

• my own stupidity again.. i didnt do any back ups :(

is there anything i can do or any1 else can do that can help me recover the data? PLEASE. its got important work D: i live in east london so if theres any companies near by that do recoveries, im willing to go.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:38 23 Mar 14

does it show up in disk management?

herculas91 15:39 23 Mar 14

nope.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:49 23 Mar 14

If it won't show in disk management then no recovery software is going to get anything from it.

Tried in another machine?

herculas91 15:53 23 Mar 14

yeah i tried it on many different systems.

spuds 16:04 23 Mar 14

Taking into consideration to 'what you have done' in the history/info, then perhaps no wonder its no longer working correctly?.

bumpkin 17:57 23 Mar 14

Spuds, not sure what you mean, all he has done is heat it up, take it in and out willy nilly and break it open. Do you think that may have something to do with the issue.

herculas91 18:34 23 Mar 14

if your not going to be of help and even consider helping i would appreciate if you didnt make snarly sarcasm comments.

im very well aware of how i didnt care for how i used it and now i have learnt my lesson. besides i opened it up after doing some searching and saw advise on to check the inside to see if there was anything loose.. i didnt just open it for the sake of opening a usb. and i didnt heat it up on purpose. the laptop manufacturer put a usb port near the ventilation so i used it assuming its normal :S im not even sure if the problem is due to it heating up. i was just giving info.

i actually took care of it making sure its not damaged and handling it with care, the only carelessness i did was not ejecting it properly when i was taking it out of the ports... so YEAH...

bumpkin 19:05 23 Mar 14

Just a little joke, nothing nasty intended. Sorry I can not help on this occasion but it is so easy to back up a USB stick be sure to do it in future.

spuds 19:22 23 Mar 14

herculas91

If I have offended you, then I duly make an apology.

But seeing this is one of your first post to this forum, I would suggest that you take a 'tongue in cheek' remark as a sign of friendship and not a direct insult. You have admitted that you were careless in an obvious way, and I was only agreeing.

bumpkin 20:05 23 Mar 14

Not saying it will work but may be worth a try click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now