USB Flash Drive no longer recognised.

nikki2007 19:05 19 Apr 07

Hi
A Flash drive I have been using for months is no longer being recognised. I have tried it on 2 different machines. When I click on the removal disk icon a 'drive needs formatting' message pops up. I do not want to lose any data. Can anything be done?
Thanks

skidzy 19:11 19 Apr 07

Is the drive listed in My Computer,if so can you access the data by right clicking and explore.

Also look in Disc management...right click my computer/manage/disk management if listed,try to explore from there.

nikki2007 19:47 19 Apr 07

I have tried the above. The icon shows up in my computer but when I right click a 'please insert dick in drive f' message comes up. When I go via disk management nothing shows on the disk.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:50 19 Apr 07

From cfc msticks smartmedia etc.
Smart recovery click here
zero assumption click here
Restor Pen Drives click here

Once you have recovered the files you need then reformat the drive.

Technotiger 19:51 19 Apr 07

Hi, looks as if you may need something from here ...

click here

courtesy of Google.

nikki2007 20:34 19 Apr 07

The drive still isn't being recognised. Even in the restore software

skidzy 20:38 19 Apr 07
  nikki2007 21:51 19 Apr 07

Each time I click on the removable disk drive to open a message reads 'please inserta disk into drive..' The light on the pen drive which normally indicated transfer in progress is now constantly on.

Technotiger 22:10 19 Apr 07

Definitely looks like corrupted drive. Dunno what else to suggest if the links above don't work.

nikki2007 22:24 19 Apr 07

Is there any way or any where I can take the pen drive to recover the data?

skidzy 22:25 19 Apr 07

For example Nikki:

Using Drive rescue,insert your flash drive into the usb port.Note the drive letter.

Hopefully Drive Rescue will recognise the flash drives assigned letter,open Drive Rescue and select this letter for Drive rescue to scan.
Ignore any windows popups about insert disc.

If Drive Rescue finds any files,save them all for now.
Once happy with the saved files,reformat the flash drive.

This assuming it finds any files.

Its been a while since i last used drive rescue,hopefully i have this right.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…