USB Flash Drive 3.0 not playing Movies on TV

kat64 18:44 16 Dec 14
Answered

Hi, I usually transfer movies from my PC to a usb flash drive and then watch the movies on the TV.I have just bought a new usb 3.0 flash drive and transferred a couple of movies to it but when i plug it into my TV it says 'Folder Empty'. I have formatted the flash drive and changed the format from Fat32 to NTFS format but the movies still do not show up on the TV . The movies play ok on my PC . Any help would be appreciated. Kind Regards

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:12 16 Dec 14

I would suspect your TV is not recognising the USB3 drive correctly

Can you try formatting to the linux format ext2 or ext3. will the TV format the drive?

kat64 22:24 17 Dec 14

Hi Fruitbat the TV recognises the USB3 but it just shows as empty.I have just tried an experiment ,I put a movie (avi) and a photograph (jpeg) and an audio (mp3) on the same Flash drive .The The MP3 played ok the Photo showed ok but when i switched to movies it still said Folder Empty. Not sure what else to try do you have any thoghts on it? Kind Regards

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:33 17 Dec 14
Answer

Looks like the TV is not recognising the avi format of the film do you have any films with the mp4 or mpeg format?

kat64 22:45 17 Dec 14

I just tried an MP4 and still no good. My TV plays AVIs MP4s and all the popular Formats when I plug in my External HDD. Regars

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:59 18 Dec 14

reformat the usb drive and retry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…