USB Flash Drive

diesel1948 19:00 02 Jan 06

I bought a usb flash drive 256 mb off e-bay, it came from China or somewhere like that. Today I tried to install some work I had done on computer by dragging it in to the drive and got the message cant find the file or words to that effect. I tried copying the work to another place and dragging but it just keeps failing,also tried sending to the drive, same result, does this mean the device is not working or is there another way to do it? The work was done in word.

TomG 19:02 02 Jan 06

What operating system are you using? If its win98 you will need to download drivers from thr manufacturers website.

diesel1948 19:14 02 Jan 06

No I am using windows xp but my brother bought a 256 flash drive and he said I did not need to install drivers from disk supplied, his works just fine, (not bought from same place). His view about installing the drivers is you would have to install them on every computer that you put flash drive into.

TomG 19:25 02 Jan 06

No not with win 2k or xp as they don't need the drivers. Could you post the actual error message as this may give more of a clue to the problem.

diesel1948 20:02 02 Jan 06

TomG my son put this problem up whilst I was out, when I came in I tried to drag and drop something and got message right protected. I looked on side of device and saw a little switch, I move it and hey presto job done. Thanks anyway for your efforts, cheers mate.

TomG 20:41 02 Jan 06

glad its sorted :=)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…