USB Flash Disk 'Read Only'

GLK 14:52 10 Jan 04

I have been using a GENX Flashdisk successfully for sometime. I have not used for a while and upon connecting yesterday to download some information on to it I found impossible. I am informed that the disk is 'write protected' and I can neither delete anything nor place other documents onto it. I have tried to find a 'read only' restriction in the 'Properties' dialogue box to uncheck it - no luck. I cannot work out how this restriction has been introduced - can anyone help and tell me how to correct this bizarre situation.. Many thanks

Graham Kerr

slimbo51 15:06 10 Jan 04

Having had a look at buying one of these myself, I read all the info i could find, and it would sound like from what ur saying a password has been added to secure the info on it.

There is a download site where u can get the program for doing this.

I trust there is no write protect tag on the H/Ware such as like a floppy disk has.

Good luck and please post back if u find the answer as, I among others would probably like to know the reason.

SEASHANTY 15:57 10 Jan 04

Some pen drive disks have a write protect catch on the disk housing. Have you inadvertently clicked this over. I have two of these USB2 pen drives. One has the write protect switch - the other doesn't. I had not noticed this until I accidentally clicked the switch whilst handling.

GLK 18:20 10 Jan 04

Seahanty - thank you very much indeed - I had forgotten about this little gadget as I have not used the disk for so long - how stupid can you get!! Slimbo please note!!

Graham

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…