USB Fat32 PVR

muddypaws 09:57 21 Dec 10
Answered

I'm thinking of getting click here
Somewhere in the splurge it says it takes up to a 32 gig pen drive in Fat32 mode.
Am I correct that I would be able to record approx 8 x 4 gig max. files on to this.

northumbria61 11:12 21 Dec 10

If it is a 32GB pen drive and my maths are correct then 32GB would be your max.and yes 8 x 4 is 32.

northumbria61 11:13 21 Dec 10

Incidentally I have looked at the manual for download (PDF) and couldn't find any reference to it taking up to 32GB max. but I may have missed it.

muddypaws 11:17 21 Dec 10

northumbria61Thanks
I have looked at several recently and may have seen 32 elsewhere. Will ask Maplin.

northumbria61 11:19 21 Dec 10

Appears to be a decent product/buy.

muddypaws 13:55 21 Dec 10

northumbria61
Reply below from Maplin.
Should have asked if the usb HDD would have to be Fat32, How do you thimk it reads?

"Your FAQ Question: What is the max. capacity of a usb/pen drive this item will accept. 32gig ?? or less. Thanks.

As stated on the website...Up to 300 GB supported
Kind Regards

Charles Floyd
Technical Department
Maplin Electronics Ltd"

Batch 18:56 21 Dec 10

The manual says that it supports FAT16 & FAT32, but not NTFS on the USB device (which can be an external hard disk instead of a USB memory stick).

The Maplin site says it supports up to 300GB, but depending on how you format the device you might run into problems with partitions above 32GB. See click here for example.

muddypaws 19:48 21 Dec 10

Batch
Thanks for that--very informative.
I will mostly have the box connected to an HDD recorder, but I wanted to know how the USB would function for portability reasons.
Thanks to you both.

muddypaws 19:43 22 Dec 10
Answer

In conclusion--
Ordered 3pm yesterday from Maplin, delivered by Fedex 3pm today.
Proves it can be done in this weather.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…