USB external hub power problems

harrisonclan 10:41 06 Feb 04

I have been using a self powered hub for some months now. Conneected to ir are a mouse, printer, digicam and scanner.

Suddenly, XP repots that the power load is exceeded because of the scanner (which does not have separate power source.

The scanner works fine if directly plugged onto the port in my desktop pc.

Why the sudden change?

stlucia 13:10 06 Feb 04

The fact that you're getting a Windows error message indicates that power is being drawn from your PC motherboard, which indicates that your USB hub's own power supply unit has stopped working -- fuse blown, unplugged or switched off by mistake.

Bluebird 13:36 06 Feb 04

I have two usb ports on my computer so I purchased a Belkin seven port hub. Am running Windows xp home edition. When I ran Windows ME it all worked fine. Since upgrading to XP it is very temprimental I have a printer,mouse,scanner and webcam attached to mine. Sometimes they all work another time I have to switch the connections in the hub. I assume it is something to do with the power going into it.
I know this is not a lot of help but possibly other people have simular problems.

fitcher 15:33 06 Feb 04

a powered usb hub is best to buy // some mother boards have a cut out for overload on usbs .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…