//some 3rd party need geo

USB extension cable

muddypaws 10:41 10 Apr 03

Anyone know if there is a 2.0 extension cable available that is longer than 3 metres. For webcam, or will it affect picture quality? Thanhs.

stlucia 13:30 10 Apr 03

If you use the search facility in this forum, and look for usb AND cable within the last month, you should get three results, including your own posting. The one at the bottom of that list answers all your questions, I think.

(I don't know how to insert a link to another thread. Perhaps someone can tell me!)

g0slp 13:30 10 Apr 03

I've seen 5 mtr cables, although I forget where now.

Signal will degrade over long runs, & I'm sure that there's someone out there who can give a figure, but it's possible to overcome this, WITHIN REASON, by using booster splitter boxes at cable joins if connecting leads together for long runs.

Sorry I can't be more specific than that, but I hope that it helps.

Why not try borrowing a few leads & try your proposed system/installation out? You may not actually need any boosters, depending on the webcam you use.

Sir Radfordin™ 13:33 10 Apr 03

*to put a link to another thread just post the URL in the message like click here so*

*The click here bit is automatically generated by the site when you type a URL like www. pcadvisor. co .uk (without the spaces*

stlucia 13:36 10 Apr 03

I've figured it out for web addresses and so on, but where do I find the URL of a posting in this forum?

GroupFC 13:46 10 Apr 03

Its actually in the address bar of your browser.

I am new to all this and have only just managed to figure out how to do it. I opened the posting I wanted to add as a "click here", in a new window, highlighted the address, and right clicked and copied. I then returned to the post to which I was responding, right clicked and pasted. The address shows in the response in full until it is sent, when it magically turns into a "clck here".

Hope this helps.

Belatucadrus 13:47 10 Apr 03

stlucia, it works the same way with postings as normal web addresses, simply open the posting your interested in, copy the contents of the IE Address window and then paste them to the new posting message box and you're away.

muddypaws 13:49 10 Apr 03

stlucia & gOslp. Thanks looked there.Helpful.
Just purchased Logitech 4000. Picture quality is excellent with 3 metre extension connected making 20ft in all. Just wanted extra few feet so as to use it as occasional security cam without too many joins. See if I can find the 5mtr one that is mentioned. Meanwhile I'll borrow another 3mtr. Thanks

GroupFC 13:51 10 Apr 03

Thats what I was trying to say!

stlucia 13:53 10 Apr 03

Well, that was a good posting! It's resolved muddypaws' problem as well as mine.

g0slp 17:52 10 Apr 03

Glad to help, Muddypaws

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…