USB drivers in DOS

Stephanie 23:15 04 Jan 03
  Stephanie 23:15 04 Jan 03

I have networked my pc and laptop using a USB cable. I would now like to use Norton Ghost to back up my laptop to a partition on the pc. I think I need some USB drivers that work in dos to do this. The drivers for the cable are provided by Genesys but I can't find any info on their site. Has anyone got any suggestions?

I tried the drivers which Ghost has but they do'nt seem to work and I can't get into Ghost from the boot disk I made. I'm running Ghost 2002 by the way.

Thanks

woodchip 23:30 04 Jan 03

Just use a PS/2 for the job but do not forget to swtich your computer of before fitting or removing it
price for a PS/2 mouse about £2

woodchip 23:31 04 Jan 03

PS it will not hurt to leave the mouse attached you will have two mice

Stephanie 23:40 04 Jan 03

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. It's for the network link I think I need drivers, so that Ghost can see the laptop HD. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

woodchip 23:43 04 Jan 03

You are getting mixt up just Do what I said and it will work in Dos just change your mouse according to when you go into Dos

DieSse 23:43 04 Jan 03

I don't think anyone does this, and I read several spec sheets. Basically DOS just doesn't support USB. Have a read of this

click here

DieSse 23:48 04 Jan 03

woody - there isn't a mouse problem - it's no driver for the network USB cable that's the problem.

woodchip 23:59 04 Jan 03

Ho I understand now but I also new what you was saying above about USB and Dos. However I think not related to this post but seem to have seen ware it is possible to get such as usb mouse drivers and keyboard . I could be wrong may be thinking about cmos as some support usb in dos which I suppose is just like using separate software but built into bios

BRYNIT 11:22 05 Jan 03

USB is windows base the only USB item that can be used as far as i can find out is a keyboard but only if the mb allows this.
Why not create a ghost of your laptop onto you laptop hard drive and copy this over to your computer.
If you have a CD RW on your laptop you could creat a ghost copy this way.

Stephanie 14:34 05 Jan 03

Thanks for responses. Brynit,I think you are right. I've searched everywhere and rummaged though the ghost support site and I think the link I have is not supported. it may be supported if I upgrade to Ghost 2003 but I don't want to do this unless I'm sure!

I just have to persuade my daughter to let me partition here HD on the laptop! She's only just got it and it's her first computer so she's very careful with it. Unfortunately, she is only too aware of my gung-ho attitude to fiddling about and won't let me near it, even though I promise to be careful.

I'll just have to keep working on her!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…